The economic and social well-being of communities is greatly affected by their physical environments.
We believe that we have an obligation to protect and preserve the physical environment, and we seek out partners to demonstrate that same commitment.
We are continually challenging ourselves and our partners to:
- Minimize pollution and energy consumption.
- Learn and embrace ever-changing programs, technologies and building materials.
- Achieve environmental sustainability through third-party verification.
KEY FACTORS WE CONSIDER ARE:
- Indoor environmental quality: filtering of air; the mix of indoor/outdoor air; and prevention of volatile organic compounds (VOC’s) via the selection of materials and cleaning agents.
- Energy efficiency: low energy usage, via the selection of light fixtures, insulation, HVAC systems, ventilation systems, appliances, doors and windows.
- Protection of natural resources: efficient building systems; use of recycled and rapidly renewable materials; and smart delivery of materials to the job site.
- Site sensitivity: orientation of the structure; protection of existing vegetation; stormwater management; landscaping, construction and demolition debris removal; and recycling.
- Water efficiency: selection of plumbing fixtures and appliances; wastewater reuse; and efficient irrigation.
We believe in continuous improvement and we are constantly challenging construction methods and procedures, staying abreast of new technologies and evaluating life-cycle costs. Our dedication to Transitional Real Estate encourages us to Repair, Reuse, Recycle...